MDC Data Centers
For international operators that want to expand their services into Mexico, El Paso is a crucial interconnection hub – comparable to McAllen, Tx – due to the high concentration of Mexican ISPs located within the city. These networks have their own infrastructure and POPs to purchase transit and transport services from Tier-1 carriers.
Until recently, delivering telecommunications services to Ciudad Juárez, or Chihuahua in general, was very complicated and there were only two options to do it. High costs and low bandwidth stifled the growth of internet services despite the region’s proximity to the U.S. border. Fortunately, today the landscape is much different with several fiber networks to choose from.
Now, more and more content providers are choosing El Paso for interconnection and the list keeps growing! Download our market analysis to learn why this city is a premier option to engage with telecoms in Mexico.
Download the market analysis to learn more about:
- Growth indicators of the city
- Key points of communication: bridges, airports, highways
- Levels of natural disaster risk
- Reasons to peer with content providers in El Paso
- Dynamics of internet consumption in Mexico
- The current density of operators in El Paso (national and international)
- MDC’s new neutral proposal and its growth opportunity
- Operators currently connected to MDC El Paso